1. Take control of what you eat. Weight watchers should have complete control over what they eat. One should never have the habit of eating everything laid in front of them. Eat as much as required. In simple, do not over-eat.
2. More of fruits, vegetables and whole grains are important for daily healthy life. Increase the intake of unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These types of foods can be consumed in plenty without gaining weight. Meat can be included in ones diet, care should be taken that its lean meat and not the deep fried ones.
3.Eat more fiber. Fiber rich diet should be made an integral part of one's meal. This not only aids in increasing the metabolism but makes us feel full sooner and stays longer in the stomach ensuring decrease in appetite. Refined grains like white rice and those used to make white bread and sugary breakfast cereals have had most of their fiber and nutrients striped away.
They turn into blood sugar (glucose) so fast that, like sugar itself, they can cause a spike in our insulin level. This tells our body that plenty of energy is readily available and that it should stop burning fat and start storing it.
4. Cutting down on sugar is essential as the insulin spike caused by eating foods like white rice is even more dramatic when eating sugar itself. One has to be cautious on sugar in coffee and soda pop. It can add up quickly, and these drinks aren't filling.
5. Too little of a good thing. Fat should not be totally eliminated from our diet for its required to maintain a healthy body. One should learn to differentiate between beneficial and hazardous saturated fats.
6. Eat frequently, but always eat slowly. Never skip a meal, and eat healthy snacks between meals. Eating frequently prevents hunger pangs, provides consistent energy, and maintains metabolism efficiency. Human bodies are designed with survival mechanism which results in slowing down the metabolic activity when one tends to go on a crash diet or skips a meal to conserve energy. Eating slowly gives our body time to tell us they are full before we eat more than we need.
7. Consume lots of warm water. Consumption of lots of warm water not only burns the calories but also increases the metabolic activity.
8. Avoid fried foods. Fried foods, especially deep-fried, although they are tasty to eat contain a great amount of fat. While chicken and fish are usually leaner than beef, they can contain more fat than beef when they are fried.
9. Cut down on fat when you treat yourself to a Pizza avoid the luxury of the extra layer of cheese or mayonnaise. Eliminate the cream from your salads.
10. Exercise regularly. Exercise not only helps to burn calories, but your body will continue to burn calories at a higher rate even after you stop exercising. If walking is all you can do, then walk because it's been proven to be great for you. But don't sit too long. The human body is good at adapting. If you dig ditches without gloves, you will develop calluses to protect your hands. If you sit too long, you will develop extra padding to keep you comfortable!
11. Increase your protein intake. Without protein your body cannot build new muscle. Protein also helps to increase your metabolism - which burns calories.